Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HL2500FX

where can i get a service manual for a hl 2500fx

Active User New Member

HL2500 FIXED

Twice $400+ Gate to Drain short. Ireplaced the sd2933 to vrf 2933, same stage blow aut again.
    But the second time I seen a flash.Checking with the micro scope I seen lines from the feedback resistorto ground. Drain> C11>R11,21,26,36,41,51>T2tranformer. Theproblem was where R11 is away from the Drain.
    Right on that spot it arced to ground.You need a Microscope to see it. FET's go before there is much arcdamage.
    Fix: I used a dremmel tool to grinnedinto the Board. Then I used J-B epoxy to fill and add to all otherspots.
    Used a separate PS. Checked firstrepaired stage to 800 watt, later the combined Amp to 1.8 KW. It isworking for a few weeks with out problems.

Active User New Member
    Twice $400+ Gate to Drain short. Ireplaced the sd2933 to vrf 2933
    But the second time I seen a flash. Checking with the micro scope I seen lines from the feedback resistor to ground. Drain> C11>R11,21,26,36,41,51>T2tranformer. The problem was where R11 is away from the Drain.
    Right on that spot it arced to ground. You need a Microscope to see it. FET's go before there is much arc damage.
    Fix: I used a dremmel tool to grinned into the Board. Then I used J-B epoxy to fill and add to all other spots.
    Used a separate PS. Checked first repaired stage to 800 watt, later the combined Amp to 1.8 KW. It is working for a few weeks with out problems.