Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HL2500FX

Hybrid View

Active User New Member

HL2500FX

Any info where I could get a Shop Manual. My fan runs hi speed but the power and Meter Lights don't go on. Have a small Schematic but no explanation. 73 Kurt

Active User New Member
    I put this Question also in the Amp discussion since I was confused, but it belongs here. I have the error code: AC 3V(U?) UNDER LINEVOLTAG. There no 3V Power Supply. What does it mean ?
    If you can help please let me know. 73 Kurt

Active User New Member
    Found the error problem, ripped of an wire on the 100V PS

Hello Kurt,

Have you replaced the meter lamps? My HL-2500FX's PV/kW lamp is out and I'm not sure if I can replace it. Is getting access to the lamp difficult? I know it's a common 12v wheat lamp (which I have on hand) but it looks like it would be a big job to take the amp apart to replace the bulb. Is it difficult to do so?

Sam
    K8NOS

Active User New Member
    The front panel comes off on the 2500 without problem. There are 2 screws on each side too,.Sorry, I forgot most since I fixed it a while ago. 73

Active User New Member
    Hello Sam.
    you must be also one with the hl2500. I believe only 16 are sold here?
    I had no bad Lamps. But the front unscrews easy ,I believe two screws on each side but I forgot. Good luck. 73 Kurt

Active User Contributing Member KD8MJR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WB2YVY View Post
    Hello Sam.
    you must be also one with the hl2500. I believe only 16 are sold here?
    I had no bad Lamps. But the front unscrews easy ,I believe two screws on each side but I forgot. Good luck. 73 Kurt

I think 40 was sold in total. Of that 20 in the USA.
    I also have one and I personally know another Ham who has one.
    Four that I have heard of have had problems. Always seems to be the same thing. Do Not run this Amp past legal limit or it will either kill a power supply or knock out some of the FET's.

Rob

how to open the 2500fx to transmit on all bands, having problems with 24 mhz

Active User New Member
    Twice $400+ Gate to Drain short. Ireplaced the sd2933 to vrf 2933
    But the second time I seen a flash. Checking with the micro scope I seen lines from the feedback resistor to ground. Drain> C11>R11,21,26,36,41,51>T2tranformer. The problem was where R11 is away from the Drain.
    Right on that spot it arced to ground. You need a Microscope to see it. FET's go before there is much arc damage.
    Fix: I used a dremmel tool to grinned into the Board. Then I used J-B epoxy to fill and add to all other spots.
    Used a separate PS. Checked first repaired stage to 800 watt, later the combined Amp to 1.8 KW. It is working for a few weeks with out problems.

where can i get a service manual for a hl 2500fx