Since adding a Flex 6300 alongside my IC-756 Pro3 and making them both work with my HL-1.5KFX, AT-Auto Tuner, and Arduino Band Decoder all on the CI-V bus I have discovered two significant issues, in addition to the simple one of having a fixed '5C' address:

1) the amp sources 9.6 ma at 5v on the CI-V bus! This swamps a CT-17 multi-port CI-V box. The Pro3 is only 0.15 ma at 4.4V, the AT-Auto tuner is 1.0 ma at 5v, and my Arduino Band Decoder (used with my remote coax switch) is 4.6 ma at 2.99V. The MAX232 chip in the CT-17 is only rated at about 8 ma. I built a copy of the CT-17 but added an SN7417 driver chip rated at 40 ma and that solved that problem, but ...

2) When the amp is turned off it kills the CI-V bus! The amp must be On in order for other devices on the bus to work. I typically only turn the amp on when needed so this is a real negative.

I have been running the amp in ICOM Voltage sensing mode with the Pro3 and Kenwood CAT mode with the Flex 6300 but recently decided to try the CT-17 modified copy in order to run the amp in ICOM all the time. Now I'm just going back to that method due to problem #2 above. All I have to do is remember to switch the amp from Icom mode to Kenwood mode when changing radios.

Anyone else had fun experiences with this amp on a CI-V bus with other equipment?